During installation of the solenoid valve (Art. no. 10787) pay attention to the correct position and orientation of all components.
Remove the solenoid valve:
1. Remove the controller from the valve block as described in Removing the controller from the valve block.
2. Remove the cable from the valve.
3. Remove the four bolts (M4x20) from the existing valve.
4. Take off the existing valve cover.
5. Remove the spring and membrane.
6. Remove the small O-rings.
Place the new solenoid valve:
1. Clean the surface of the valve block and the grooves in the membrane recess.
2. Clean the bore holes where the small O-rings were positioned.
3. Apply a little food grade grease on the outer ring of the membrane recess.
4. Apply a little food grade grease on the new small O-rings.
5. Put both O-rings on the valve block on the small bore holes.
6. Put the new membrane in its recess on the valve block with the brass taper downwards and the membrane with bypass upwards.
7. Place the new spring in the middle of the membrane with the spring size increasing upwards.
8. Carefully position the valve cover on the membrane. Make sure that the spring stays upright.
Position the valve cover such that:
a. The P indication is positioned to the middle of the valve block and the A indication is facing outward to the side of the valve block.
b. The NC symbol on the side of the valve cover must be at the A side of the valve cover (to the side of the valve block) and the NO symbol at the P side of the valve cover (to the middle of the valve block).
c. The cable connectors are on the A side of the valve block.
9. Hand tighten the four bolts in steps in a crosswise sequence.
10. Attach the cable to the valve.
11. Put the controller back on the valve block and attach its four screws.
12. Perform a manual flush to verify the correct function see Flushing the filter module.