Tools and materials
The following tools and materials (not included) are required for installing the UrSpring:
● Drill, screws, wall plugs, four mounting screws
● Saw or pipe-cutter (depending on your piping-device)
● Pipe wrench
● Measuring tape
● Do not use organic or fatty sealants (greases) at the water connections. Greases can migrate into the water and damage the membrane with a layer of grease.
● Do not use hemp and grease at the water connections to prevent germ growth.
● Do not use flexible hoses made from rubber. Rubber hoses offer ideal growing conditions for bacteria.
● Do NOT use fittings with tapered threads (standard US NPT) to screw into the UrSpring.
Requirements for mounting the UrSpring:
● Make sure you have a space of 1 x 1.5 meter (w x h) (3.5ft x 5 ft) available for mounting the UrSpring.
● Make sure that the wall intended for mounting is suitable to carry the weight of the UrSpring when filled with water see Specifications.
● Make sure there is sufficient space on the front side of the UrSpring to allow easy operation of the control unit and allow service and maintenance.
● Make sure that there is 20 cm (8") of space available below the UrSpring to allow filter replacement.
Requirements for electrical power:
● The power socket must be grounded.
● Distance between socket and the UrSpring must be less than 1.5 m.
● The power supply cable and socket must correspond to the requirements of the UrSpring see Specifications.
● Make sure that all electrical connections are compliant with local ordinance and directives.
● Do not use extension cables.
Requirements for water pipes:
● When using the John Guest quick couplings, all water pipes must have an outer diameter of 22 mm.
● Water pipes are made of copper, stainless steel or plastic.
When using the John Guest quick couplings in combination with stainless steel pipes, the pipes must have a groove see separate John Guest datasheet.
● Make sure a drain is available. Drain capacity larger than 30 liter/minute (8 gpm).
● Make sure that an outlet such as a sink or drain is available in the filtered water line. This is required to flush the UrSpring during commissioning.
Tools and materials