STEP 1 Check the contents of the package
Please check the contents of the package immediately upon receipt for completeness and possible shipping damage. If the UrSpring or parts of the UrSpring have been damaged during transport, notify the transport company immediately. Transport damage to the UrSpring is not covered by warranty.
A. Control unit
C. Power connection with plug attachments
D. Wall mounting plate
E. Filter end cap
F. 4x stainless-steel mounting clamps
G. 4x long bolts (M8x100)
H. 2x O-rings
I. 4x bolts for the wall mounting plate (M8x16)
J. 4x short bolts (M8x50)
K. Food-grade sealant
L. 3x John Guest quick connect couplings (3/4" thread BSPP or G3/4")
M. Alcohol pad
N. Plastic spacer pin
O. Allen key
P. Sterile gloves
Q. UrSpring quick guide
R. Inspection certificate
STEP 2 Mount the UrSpring
1. The UrSpring must be mounted to a firm wall as follows:
Attach the wall mounting plate to the control unit, using the supplied screws (M8x16).
2. Attach the control unit with the wall mounting plate to the wall. Use screws and plugs depending on your type of wall.
Make sure the bottom of the control unit is at least 120 cm (47”) above the floor.
STEP 3 Connect the water couplings
Your UrSpring package contains three John Guest quick connect couplings. These will be used in this instruction. If you decide to use other, custom couplings, only use couplings with a 22 mm (3/4") metric, non-tapered (parallel) external thread. See Using custom couplings for the requirements for custom couplings.
Remove all impurities, metal and plastic residues or oil from the connecting pipe lines. These could damage the membrane and reduce the filtered water quality.
To connect the water couplings:
1. Put food-grade sealant on the O-rings of the quick connect couplings.
2. Manually insert and turn the quick connect couplings into the control unit for the feed, filtered and drain water (hand tighten them, so the O-rings seal).
NOTICE The couplings seal to the control unit with O-rings. The thread does not have to be sealed additionally.
3. Prepare the connecting water pipes (diameter of 22 mm):
a. Chamfer the pipe ends that are inserted into the couplings.
b. Put food-grade sealant on the pipe ends.
NOTICE Never use organic grease.
4. Flush the piping in order to remove any metal or plastic turning and oil residue.
5. Push the pipes into the couplings until the noticeable resistance of the O-rings is overcome.
For more information on coupling and decoupling John Guest quick connect couplings to the water pipes, please refer to Using John Guests quick connect couplings and the John Guest's website https://www.johnguest.com/speedfit/technical-support/
STEP 4 Prepare the O-rings and filter module
1. Remove the tape and protection caps from the top and bottom of the filter module.
2. Put on the sterile gloves.
3. Clean and disinfect the pipe tips that extend from the filter module using the alcohol pad.
4. Apply the supplied food-grade sealant on the outer size of both pipe tips that extend from the filter.
Use your fingers (with sterile gloves on) to spread the grease evenly over both pipe tips.
Make sure that you do not touch the pipe tips after this step, to avoid contamination.
5. Apply the supplied food-grade grease to both O-rings.
6. Fit one of the O-rings in the end cap.
7. Fit the second O-ring at the bottom of the control unit into the valve block.
You can now take off the gloves.
STEP 5 Place the filter module
1. Place the end cap on a flat surface and put the bottom of the filter in it.
2. Place the mounting clamps into the lower groove of the filter module.
3. Attach the clamps evenly using the four bolts (M8x50) until they touch the surface. (hand-tight, do not use pliers or additional tools other than the Allen key supplied).
4. Fully insert the spacer pin in the end cap.
5. Carefully insert the filter module with the pipe tips vertically in the control unit.
Make sure that the spacer pin in the end cap is positioned to the wall, to keep the filter module at the required distance.
6. Attach the filter module to the control unit using the stainless steel clamps in the upper groove of the filter module.
7. Fasten the clamps evenly using the four bolts (M8x100), until they touch the surface (hand-tight, do not use pliers or additional tools other than the Allen key supplied).
STEP 6 Connect the power
Do not connect if the plug or cable is damaged!
Do not expose any electrical component to water!
1. Connect the connector (M12) of the power cable to the connector on the left side of the control unit.
2. Turn the metal ring to fasten the power cable to the control unit.
3. Select the applicable adapter that fits your local socket see Electrical connection.
4. Place the adapter on the power plug.
5. Connect the power plug into the mains socket.
The welcome screen is shown on the user interface.
Hereafter, the controller prompts for two settings: the serial key (SK) of the filter module and the controller language. See Enter the serial key SK and Select the the English language for the controller menu on how to enter these settings.
STEP 7 Rinse the filter membrane
The new filter module is preserved with a food preservative solution (sodium bisulfite) at the factory. This must be rinsed out before using the UrSpring.
To rinse the filter membrane:
1. Make sure that the filtered water line has an outlet (sink or drain) to dispose of the rinse water.
2. Open the tap or valve of the filtered water line.
3. Carefully open the shut off valve of the feed water line to avoid water hammer and fill the UrSpring with water, replacing the contained air.
4. As soon as water starts flowing from the tap point; open the feed water shut off valve completely and flush the UrSpring rinse 3 to 5 minutes through one fully opened tap downstream, until water tastes fresh.
5. Close the tap.
Your UrSpring is now ready to use!